Colmar, its neighbourhoods, its museums...
The historic centre of Colmar is just a 15-20 minute walk (3-5 minutes by car) from Les Maraîchers hotel and restaurant. The opportunity to discover all its treasures:
- Little Venice: half-timbered houses lined up along the quaysides, boats and canals transport you into an extremely romantic atmosphere
- The Maison des Têtes: in the town centre, this Renaissance house has 106 sculpted heads on its facades
- The Koïfhus: a former custom's post built in the 15th century and the oldest local public building
- The Unterlinden Museum: this museum houses a large collection of paintings and sculptures representative of art of the Rhineland. Among its masterpieces, do not miss the famous Issenheim Altarpiece by Matthias Grünewald.
- The Bartholdi Museum: the famous creator of the Statue of Liberty was from Colmar and the town pays tribute to him in a museum devoted to his work and located in the house where the artist was born. At the entrance to the town, a replica of the New York statue welcomes visitors.
- The Toy Museum: rediscover your childhood! This museum presents an impressive collection of old toys.
- The Museum of Natural History and Ethnography: you will find out everything there is to know about the local fauna and flora and travel around the world.
- Guided tours by day and by night organised by Colmar Tourist Office